Friday

The Paralympics

The only decent thing about this hangover is that it wasn't alcohol fuelled, and I didn't wake up with a headache and dry mouth.

Although the London2012 hangover is still here, 4 days after the final closing ceremony.

It's like a horrible come down after an extreme high ( a safe high, of course!), and then trying to get back into normal life without any Olympic Man Candy to look at, or screaming at the TV screens. You hit the ground and remember that work is work, the tubes aren't full of excitement, and dressing as the Union Jack is no longer classed as cool!

Granted, it probably didn't help that on Friday evening I had tickets to the athletics in the Olympic Stadium, or standing for 3 hours on Monday to watch the Parade go by. Self-inflicted, but most definately worth the sore throat the next day!

Olympic Stadium

Olympic Stadium

Olympic Stadium
My plus 1 for the night, Mum J!

Olympic Stadium
The 400m
Olympic Stadium

Olympic Stadium

I had to sneak down a little lower and get as close to the track as possible!

Olympic Stadium

We even managed to see a Gold Medal athlete celebrate outside the stadium...

Olympic Gold Medal

Olympic Stadium

Not only did I get to see our athletes in action, but then I managed to get a spot at the Team GB parade on Monday. And by spot, I mean at the front of the crowds, elbowing my way through to get a glimps of the stars!

Olympic Parade

Olympic Parade

Mo Farah

Mo Farah

Jessica Ennis

Louis Smith

Olympic Parade

Laura Robson

Games Makers

Getting to see all these stars was amazing, and to see sooooo many people turn out to cheer them on just showed how Great Britain really is Great.

Okay, slightly cheesy there, but we all know that it is true!

Oh, and a few people probably turned out to see this guy...

Tom Daley

After featuring him on a post or two on here, you can imagine the screams that people made when he came by.

I think I can safely say, it was a day well spent!

1 comment: