Tuesday

J LO. Dance Again World Tour.

I am a finely-tuned concert goer.

I am always on the prority ticket websites a few days before general release, getting a bunch of tickets for the latest tour to be announced.

I know what venus is better for an intimate gig, which is better for 22,000 screaming fans, and I know how high that top tier really is!
The debate of whether I get standing or seated tickets depends on the artist and their back catalogue, do I want to sit and take it all in? Or do I want to jump around and scream my lungs out?

Over the years I have seen some amazing acts. Rihanna, Britney, Florence and the Machine, Pink, Calvin Harris, The Temper Trap, Girls Aloud... the list goes on. Some of them have been amazing, some of them have been okay.

Last night it was the turn of the superstar that is, Jennifer Lopez. It has taken her 13 years to do a world tour, but she has one hell of a back catalogue, so this was a no-brainer for me.

Standing ticket. No drinking all day so I don't risk losing my spot. At the O2 Arena. 22nd October.

JLO

Armed with my iPhone for pictures, camera for videos and pictures when the phone dies, and lungs ready to scream... It was time to get on the floor. Quite literally.

Jennifer Lopez

 I chose my Hi-Tops from River Island, Shorts from Berska, Vest form River Island, and Jumper from American Apparel.

Jennifer Lopez
Once we were in, we dashed to the front and grabbed a spot right in front of the middle stage. With Stooshe as the supporting act, the time flew by.

Jennifer Lopez

Before we knew it, the lights went down and the crowd started to rumble their feet... I think I may just let the photos speak for themselves.

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

With a set list that screamed hit after hit in your ears, the hot mumma danced her way through a electric 90 minute set that included glitter, sequins and old classics. Every seated person was up and dancing, every standing person was jumping and screaming. This was her first world tour in her 13 year career, and you could hear everyone's brains asking the same question...

'WHY have you not done this before?!'

I can definitely say that J-LO showed a few popstars a thing or two about being a mum of two and putting on a show! From reminding us she just Jenny from the Block, to making us Get On The Floor, she lapped up the crowd and even joked about Love... before carrying on shaking that ass!

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

As the lights came up, everyone seemed to fall back to reality after what they had just witnessed. Yes the bum was as big as they say. Yes she sang LIVE and sounded good. Yes, she could have chosen a better warm up act to being with. But bloody hell, did she put on a show!

Confetti in our hair, desperate for a drink, and a dead iPhone thanks to taking toooo many pictures, we made our way with the crowd out of the arena and back into the night.

Granted, the show wasn't a sell out, with seats in the upper tier being empty. But for anyone who is a fan and didn't go, all I can say is... Epic Fail.

Epic, Epic Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment