Friday

The L'Oreal Photoshoot

For me, good hair is an absolute must on anyone... It is such an important part of someones image and it is on my miniature check list when I go on a date with a guy! You all know what I mean, that little list which probably contains good shoes, nice teeth, and all those other little things that we check within a nanosecond of greeting them.

Fortunately, Gareth is one of my closest friends and a fantastic hairdresser. He is part of the Headmasters team at their flagship salon in Mayfair, and happens to be the go-to person for the celebs and fashionistas, done so many photo shoots for magazines and featured in them too, and knows hair better than anyone else. He is always tweeting away, so you should definitely follow him.

With my hair growing at a rapid rate, I am always wandering in to see if I can grab an appointment with him and a gossip.

me

With an photoshoot coming up, Gareth asked me to be his model for an upcoming Headmasters and L'Oreal shoot, and lend my fast-growing locks to his creative hands. I have done a few shoots in the past for other people, and of course jumped at the chance! So a couple of Sundays ago, with the snow falling down in a blizzard like style, I found myself on an industrial estate in Esher...

It was freezing.

With a hot cup of tea in hand, the hairdryers on the highest temperature and multiple layers on, the team started to work away on their models to create their looks...

The Gay Guy

The Gay Guy

The Gay Guy

I absolutely loved the way Gareth styled my hair, and have been doing it that way since! All of the products that were used were L'Oreal, and the styling was by Aaron (follow him here), who happens to also be a hairdresser and stylist too.

Once hair and make-up was done, we all started to take center stage for our shots...

The Gay Guy

The Gay Guy

The Gay Guy

The photographer, Lefteris, is fantastic and I have seen some of his work before, so I was beyond excited to see how the photos would turn out!

Finally, it came round to my moment in front of the lens.

Like Miss Moss says... "When you're shooting... You think about how you should stand in these particular clothes, or how you should move. You think about the different characters you're playing, really."

Luke Johnson

Luke Johnson
Quick touch up, and a ruffle of the jacket...

Luke Johnson
Luke Johnson

You have to excuse the quality of the pics, my iPhone camera wasn't up to the standard of the one Lefteris was using!

With a few more flashes, and revisiting angles I had done earlier on, we were done. We had got the shots and everyone was pretty excited with them. I managed to sneak a peak and was really happy with how they turned out .

All I had to do now was adopt that jacket I was wearing. I adored it and it fitted me so, so well. It was a perfect match.

I failed miserably.

For the moment, I can't share the pictures just yet. They will be released soon and I can post them for you all to see. Until then, if you are looking for a change of salon or fancy something new, then go over to Headmasters and speak to the guys and girls there. You can always call them on 0345 459 7719 to book an appointment, or check out their website.

1 comment:

  1. [...] you know, a few weeks ago I was asked to model for Headmasters and L’Oreal for my friend Gareth, and posted some backstage shots of the day [...]

    ReplyDelete